Email Tarot Readings From a Life Coach
Why tarot readings?
As much as I love working with tarot and oracle cards in a life-coaching setting, I also just plain love to do regular readings. Right now I do email readings, though in the future I may diversify into recorded video. A “reading” is a story told from cards laid out, often in a specific arrangement, in order to answer a particular question. As a writer and a creative person, it’s just so darned fun to do this for people. Most people don’t have much experience delving into their subconscious or recognizing patterns in their lives, and helping them do that with an incredibly cool visual tool is amazing.
Why do email readings? Don’t you need to be in person to get a reading? Well, after you purchase I will work with you to ask the right question, and get a sense of where you are and what’s going on with you. It’s funny how easy it is to get a connection with someone even over email–sometimes it’s easier than in person, because you don’t make assumptions based on how they look or talk, and you’re not distracted by your own desire to appear totally awesome.
There are a few things I really love about email readings. First, I really get to meditate on the cards, look at the connections, and put everything together in a cohesive story that I can then type up and give to you. Second, in person it’s way too easy to immediately forget everything you’ve been told. With email, you get a written record and a picture of the spread so you can reread it whenever you want.
Ok, so is this too woo woo for me?
Nah! It’s all about pattern recognition and surrender. Does it matter if the universe is talking to you, or if you just for one small second get your head out of your own ass? Maybe that’s putting it bluntly, but we try to control so much in our daily lives we hardly let any air in. Usually, deep down we know things our conscious minds won’t let us get to. Ironically, a really good tarot reading will sometimes leave you saying “you didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know!” Somehow seeing your story in the cards makes it easier to pull out those threads and weave them into meaning. A good reader will help you do that, not tell you “what the cards say.” Of course, sometimes the cards do hit things spot on, even if you just go by the “traditional” meanings, and that’s freaky as all hell. But whatever. It’s all good.
You can also integrate tarot in with some life coaching if you want further help with addressing a situation or just want to explore matters more. Check out my tarot-based coaching services for more information.
Some things you ought to know before we work together:
- Don’t ask me to predict the future! I believe that we have free will, and we have the power to change the future every instant we breathe. What tarot cards can do is help you see what the likely future will be given the way things are going right now, if you don’t alter your current actions. You get to decide what happens. Let’s work on what’s going on now, and how you can actively take control of your own life.
- Think about your question. Questions that involve “how” or “what” are very useful. Don’t ask if something’s going to happen. Either you want to make it happen or not! Ask how to do that.
- I may ask you lots of questions. I’m a life coach! The cards have traditional meanings, but it’s also important what they mean to you. If I ask you what you think a card means, it doesn’t mean I don’t know what the heck I’m doing.
- When you get your reading, eat it up, but then let it sit for a day or two and go back to it. Sometimes we don’t understand things right away, or sometimes it takes a little while for a meaning to become obvious.
- I have a whole range of decks, and will choose one for you based on your reading, your question, and what I think will work for you. If you have a specific request, let me know and I’ll see if I’ve got a deck that I think you’ll enjoy. My favorites for reading for other people are the Wild Unknown, the Fenestra Tarot, and the Legacy of the Divine.
Please consult my policies and guidelines page for further information. I can also customize a reading for you if you need something at a different price point. Email me at email@example.com and we can work something out!
This is a good reading if you want clarity around a simple situation or want to get some basic insight. I will customize a reading for you with up to 5 or so cards, and work with you to frame your question. One follow-up email is also included if you have any questions or want clarification.
If you have a more complicated question, want an in-depth understanding on one issue, or want to compare options or choices, this is a good package for you. I will customize a reading for you with as many cards as you need, and work with you to frame your question. Two follow-up emails are included if you have any questions or want clarification.